STAY SAFE, START LIVING
Your health is our utmost priority. The Argonaut Hotel’s team is committed to protecting the wellbeing of our guests and crewmembers by providing a comfortable and safe environment. Our team has been fully trained on the importance of upholding the highest level of sanitation standards and we’re taking every precaution to protect our guests, community, and staff. We have made several adjustments to our hotel operations to ensure your safety.
Our team has diligently implemented all safety precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the California Department of Public Health, and in accordance with state and county guidelines. Even so, it is impossible to eliminate all risks of exposure to infectious disease. If you have specific questions or concerns that are not addressed in the materials provided, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-563-0800 to be directed to the appropriate member of our team.
Due to our heightened safety measures, some facilities or services may not be available, but we’re committed to making your stay as comfortable as possible with our award-winning service. These are our enhancements to our current cleanliness standards:
Guest Check-In: 4:00pm
Blue Mermaid Restaurant & Bar: 7:00am to 9:00pm (with capacity limitations)
In-Room Dining: Please call the Restaurant for Items to-go
Fitness Center: Open (with capacity limitations)
Bicycle Rentals: Based on Availability
Board Games, Xbox One Console, and Treasure Chest of Toys: Available upon Request
Daily Newspapers: New York Times and USA Today Weekdays in our Lobby
DVD Players: Available upon Request
Special V.I.Pet Treats and Accessories (with Register): Available upon Request
San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park Visitor Center: Temporarily Closed
Guided Historic Waterfront Tours with a National Park Ranger: Temporarily Discontinued
Please keep your mouth and nose covered while in public spaces. County regulations require all people in San Francisco County to wear masks inside or in line for any retail or commercial business.
- Plexiglass dividers installed at the front desk.
- Physical distancing required while in line.
- Keycards are sanitized before each use.
Keeping Your Distance
- Seating in all public areas, restaurant, and lounges is positioned at least six feet apart.
- We recommend that all guests strive to maintain at least six feet between themselves and others.
- All associates on property practice physical distancing.
- Blue Mermaid Restaurant & Bar will comply local or state mandated occupancy limits.
- Stairwells and alternatives to elevators are clearly marked and open for guest use.
PPE & Hand Sanitizer
- “Be Well Stay Well” PPE kits will be offered upon check-in.
- Appropriate PPE is worn by all associates based on their role and responsibilities and in adherence to state or local regulations and guidance.
- Gloves are worn by housekeeping and all other team members in direct contact with guests.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers, touchless whenever possible, are placed at all guest and associate entrances and contact areas such as reception areas, hotel lobby, restaurant, meeting and conference spaces, elevator landings, and exercise areas.
- Hand sanitizer supply levels are checked by staff on a routine basis.
Lobby & Public Areas
- High touch areas, including but not limited to doors, door handles, elevator buttons, handrails, public phones, public furniture, remote controls, signature pads, credit card readers, and drinking stations are cleaned and sanitized on a frequent and routine basis.
- High traffic areas including but not limited to entryways, hallways, and elevators are cleaned and sanitized routinely.
- Our team upholds a strict schedule of routine hand sanitation throughout their time on property.
- Public restrooms are cleaned with increased frequency. Flushers, locks, walls, toilet seats, dispensing stations, sinks, faucets, and doors are disinfected during each service.
- All reception areas (front desk, bell stand, concierge desk, etc.) are wiped down between every guest interaction.
- A variety of touchpoints in our public spaces have been removed. For those that remain, enhanced sanitation routines are in place.
BEFORE YOUR STAY
- Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected upon departure.
- For our guests’ safety, we’ve eliminated certain amenities such as magazines and menus.
- Used linen is folded and bagged in each guest room (staff never shakes towels or sheets in the room to avoid releasing any particles into the air).
- Housekeeping leverages partnerships with national vendors on best cleaning practices, tools, and supplies. PathoSans non-toxic, fragrance free cleaning solution and PathoSans sanitizing solution that kills 99.999% of harmful bacteria is used for sanitation on all hard and non-porous surfaces.
- Increased attention to thorough vacuuming of rugs and sanitation of floors, including low-traffic and hard-to-reach surfaces.
DURING YOUR STAY
- You may opt out of housekeeping services at any point during your stay if desired.
- Housekeeping room attendants wear appropriate PPE when entering guest rooms, and guests are asked to temporarily vacate the room during service.
Blue Mermaid Restaurant & Bar open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, from 7 am to 9 pm.
- Masks required to enter, exit and whenever guests are not seated at their tables
- All seating is assigned based on local guidelines by the Department of Public Health.
- To-go orders available for pick-up at the host stand
We understand that you want to experience more than our hotel when you travel. We also know that venturing out looks a little different than it used to. These are our tips for making the most of San Francisco while also caring for your personal health and safety.
- Hop on one of our complimentary bikes to take in the views and fresh breeze as you pedal your way through the city by the Bay.
- Award-winning chowders and one of the only wharf-side patios in Fisherman’s Wharf come together to create your perfect excuse to save the exploration for later. Breakfast, lunch, dinner & happy hour are served up daily at Blue Mermaid.
Activities at the Argonaut Hotel
There are endless options for entertainment without stepping foot off our property. From complimentary board games, Xbox One console, and family-friendly scavenger hunts to fireside libations on our restaurant’s patio, we offer many ways to enjoy our San Francisco waterfront location.
Walking Distance from Argonaut
Fisherman’s Wharf is one of San Francisco’s most iconic neighborhoods – and we’re fortunate to call it our neighborhood. Take a short walk along the boardwalk to Pier 39 or explore the natural beauty of the Palace of the Fine Arts. Ghirardelli Square is just a block away with shopping and dining, along with Aquatic Park to dip your toes in the sand and marvel at the Golden Gate Bridge. Just outside our doors are miles and miles of outdoor to explore.
ENHANCED CLEANLINESS STANDARDS
Our hotel uses cleaning products and protocols which meet EPA guidelines and are approved for use and effective against viruses, bacteria, and other airborne pathogens while protecting the environment. We are working with our vendors, distribution partners, and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of cleaning supplies and necessary PPE.
Your peace of mind is important to us – if you have additional questions or concerns please email us at email@example.com or call 415-563-0800 to be directed to the appropriate member of our team.
For more information on COVID-19 and the latest national guidelines, please refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the U.S. State Department’s page regarding COVID-19, or your local health authority.
ASSOCIATE & GUEST HEALTH CONCERNS
- Our associates have clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property to local health officials.
- Team members are instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and are trained on how to handle encountering guests or associates exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If we are alerted to a presumptive case of COVID-19 at the property, we will work with public health officials and follow their recommended actions.